Friday, July 31, 2009

5 months old!

Addison Darby turned five months old yesterday! The time has flown by! I've got to be home with her for five months before going back to work, and have so enjoyed getting to watch her grow and do more new things every day. This little girl has become such a huge part of our lives these last several months, and has filled our hearts with so much joy and love. Sometimes when I lay her down for nap or bedtime I sing the song "I love you with the love of the Lord, I love you with the love of the Lord. I see in you the glory of my King, and I love you with the love of the Lord." It brings tears to my eyes every time, because those words sum it all up for me! We love you baby girl!

Okay, here are some things I want to remember that Addison is doing right now:
  • playing with toys when she has her tummy time
  • doing more things with her little voice: screaming, squealing, fake coughing, cooing
  • laughing more often
  • watching, touching, trying to suck on our dog, layla. yes, she has attempted to try to put layla in her mouth like one of her toys.
  • plays or puts in her mouth a variety of toys. she will also suck or bite down on our fingers or arms...think she might be teething!
  • is doing well with eating oatmeal. she likes the oatmeal better than the rice cereal.
  • can really make herself bounce in her activity bouncer
  • can hold her body up on her legs when we hold her up, and has even started to make herself bounce up and down when we do this.
  • rolled over for the first time today! she has been close to this for a while, but finally did it this morning during tummy time! i've been waiting for this to happen, but she was going to do it when and only when SHE was ready :)
  • has days that she's fine in her carseat and days that she is horrible in the carseat :)
  • still loves to sit up, so we are working on doing this with as little assistance as possible
  • loves grabbing her right foot and hanging on, and has only gone for the left foot a couple of times.

I know there are some other things I'm leaving out, but I think that's the majority of them. I am not good about keeping up with the baby book, so this blog is my way of recording milestones that she's doing month to month :)



Playing with her toys while she's on her tummy.

This was this morning a few minutes before she rolled over for the first time :)
t
This was her in one of her precious outfits after church last Sunday.


Look at that body!



This is the face I usually get when she sees the camera on her.



I helped with VBS a couple of days last week, and we carpooled with the Fitzgerald's those days. I saw this when we opened the door to get them out, and thought it was too cute not to get a picture of. I think this was one of the few trips that Cooper didn't have to listen to Addison fuss the whole time :)


Here's a little video I took the other day when Addison woke up from her nap. Getting her from nap time or in the morning is one of Stephen and I's favorite times, because she's always so happy to see us.

2 comments: