Thursday, November 25, 2010
Weight: 7 lb., 14 oz - 25-50%
Height: 20.8 inches - >75%
Head: 14.8 - >75%
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Born on November 9, 2010
At 7:43 a.m.
Weighing 7lbs., 10 oz.
19 inches long
Here are a couple of pictures of our sweet baby boy! We fell instantly in love with our little man, and feel blessed beyond measure to have two of God's blessings to raise. Addison has handled the adjustment pretty well so far :) Here he is....
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
- Talking. She started with a good amount of single words at 15 months, but since then her vocabulary has really increased. She now uses 2 word phrases (i.e. see it, see ___, ___ please, hold it, sit down, come here) a good amount of the time and will throw in some 3 word phrases in, too.
- Can say and identify about 10 body parts.
- Knows a lot of different animals and can make the animal sound that goes with a good amont of them.
- She's a good eater for the most part. Don't get me wrong, every now and again she'll have her picky times.
- Still sucks her thumb when sleepy and some for comfort depending on the situation.
- LOVES her blankets, babies, and stuffed animals!!! She has really started playing with her baby dolls by putting them on her shoulder, putting blankets around them, telling them to sit down, and telling us 'shhh' when she's holding them. Addison has also started becoming interested in purses and putting things in her little purse :)
- When she sees a something on the floor or if she gets near the trash she says 'gross' or 'nasty.' She will also throw her trash away when I tell her to.
- She still loves to be read to.
- Can identify and say the names of a lot of family members and some friends.
- Likes Elmo and Abbie on Sesame Street.
- At the end of our prayers when we say 'in Jesus name', she will usually say 'Amen.'
- Knows that the pantry holds some of her favorite snacks, and will go over to it and ask for the ones she wants. Of course, we don't just give them to her whenever she asks, even when that sweet face adds a 'please' with the request :)
Okay, I'm going to stop now!!!
Addison, you have brought such joy to our lives! We love you more than words can express, and we feel so blessed to be your parents!
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Splashing around at the sprinkler park when we went to Aunt Tiff's
Addison and daddy at the St. Louis zoo.
Stephen and I in one of our few pictures together from out St. Louis trip.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Happy Father's Day, Babe! We love you!
Here is Addison giving Stephen a kiss.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Well, I'm a little late posting about this....Addison started walking about three weeks ago! She has now gotten pretty steady on her feet. She's slowly but surely putting her arms down near her sides more often instead of having them up like she's riding a roller coaster :) It's so cute to see her little body walking around! She really enjoys walking around outside. Here is a video of her today. Please excuse the crazy hair! This was right after she got home from the sitter, and her momma didn't redo her hair for the video shoot :) Also, please forgive the video being sideways...my phone decided to have a mind of it's own today.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
We found out about 6 weeks ago that we were pregnant again! This was not expected, so we were blown away! What can I say, God's timing isn't the same as ours :) The due date for this baby is November 18th. So, Addison will be 20 months, when this baby is born. It's slowly starting to sink in that we are having another baby. We went yesterday for a 12 week sonogram, and everything looked good. The doctor said it looked like we were going to be having a BOY, but we won't know for sure until our 20 week sonogram. Of course, we feel beyond blessed to be having another baby! A couple of verses from one of my favorite Psalms have been on my mind lately.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well!
Here is a picture of our newest addition from our 12 week sonogram:
Saturday, May 1, 2010
- She has been eating only table food for almost 2 months. This milestone just happened in a matter of a week after she turned one. I was worried that it was going to take a lot longer for that transition to happen. As of right now, she's not a picky eater. She eats a good variety of fruits and vegetables, and will eat what we are eating most of the time.
- She drinks whole milk mostly from a straw sippy cup, but we still give her a bottle at night. We will probably eliminate that shortly....I was going to stop when her bottle liners were all used up.
- She is saying and mimicking a lot of different words. Some of the words are clear, but a lot of them are close approximations of the word. Some words that I can think of that she says on her owns are: mama, dada, bye, go, cracker, baby, bear, dog, ball, book, diaper, this, that. She will mimick a lot of words we say, but doesn't say them spontaneously. She can also sign 'more, all done' and is starting to sign 'milk.' Lately when she's been babbling while she plays, she'll put both hands up with palms facing up like she is asking a question...it's pretty cute!
- She still loves bath time, being read to, songs with hand motions, playing peek a boo, and her stuffed animals and blankets.
- She isn't walking yet, but is really close. This morning she took a step or two by herself. Of course, the steps were taken in pursuit of food items that her parents were eating.
- If you have food in your hand, she will find you to get a bite or the whole thing :)
- We don't have scales at our house, but we think she weighs between 18 and 19 pounds. She seems to have definitely put on weight after she started eating all table food.
- Her hair is getting longer and seems to have gotten lighter.
- She now has 6 teeth with more that seem to be coming soon by the look and feel of her gums
- She is still an affectionate little girl. We love her laying her head on our shoulder and kisses!
Okay, I think those are the highlights from the last couple of months. She has been busy!
We don't have any real big plans for the summer. Hopefully, she will enjoy the pool this summer, so we can spend a lot of time with friends and family swimming. Stephen and I want to get away on a trip just the two of us somewhere in the states, but of course we haven't planned anything. If any of you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!
Here are some pictures. These are all taken with the camera on my phone. I haven't been good about getting our camera out and taking pictures :(
Addison had popcorn for snack yesterday for the first time and liked it.
She loves crawling into Layla's bed, and Layla is happy to oblige :)
Here she is on Easter.
This was taken yesterday. It is getting hard to get good pictures of her, because she is not really loving being still and cooperative for the camera.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Here are some pictures from the past year:
Her birth day: March 2, 2009
Monday, February 15, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Addison being held by her cousin, Sam.
Ethan, my nephew, cheesing it for the camera as always.
Getting some lovin' from her cousin, Carter.
Matthew, Ethan, and Wes at Carter's basketball game.
At her first basketball game sitting with her Aunt Lesle
"Playing" doll house with Presley.
Uncle Jason and Presley