Thursday, July 2, 2009

4 months!

Man, I have been a bad blogger this month! I wish I had some great excuse as to why I haven't gotten on here and posted some pictures, but the only excuse is that I am lazy :)


Anyways, Addison Darby is four months old today! Time is just flying by, and I have loved getting to spend so much time with her in these first months of her life. Stephen and I's hearts are full of love for this baby girl! I'll say it again "God is good!" At four months, she is still sleeping great, jabbering, and loving her hands. She has gotten some really good back, head, and neck control, so she is starting to really enjoy her bumbo seat, activity jumper, and sitting up with support from her mom and dad. Sometimes, when she is reclined back on one of us, she'll almost do what looks like a crunch to try to sit up some more. She is able to prop herself up on her forearms, but this seems to only happen the most in her crib waking up from naps (she's a belly sleeper) and not during tummy time...oh well! Stephen saw her prop her self up using both arms extended the other day, but I've yet to see her do it for me. She is starting to laugh a little bit, but usually only does this with daddy...obviously she doesn't appreciate my sense of humor :) She loves grabbing for anything around her, and will usually try to put it in her mouth or around her mouth. She's really starting to put some toys in her mouth, especially the little toy rings. She isn't rolling over yet, and doesn't seem close to it. When she's laying on her back, she'll lift her legs up in the air, but doesn't really twist them to the side which would probably help with the rollingng over process.....all in due time I guess :) Here are a few pictures of her this past month. I'm planning on doing another post about our trip to Memphis, so more pictures are to come :)




The only picture I could get of her propping herself up on her forearms.


Playing in her activity jumper. The picture is a little blurry, because she was making herself bounce.




Picture taken today, she's so happy about her 4 month birthday!


Putting her rings in her mouth.


"Do you love me or what, mom?"




7 comments:

  1. She is way too cute! I love the picture of her in her little pink shirt in the seat. Looks just like you! I hope you are doing great. You are not lazy...you have a 4th month old 24/7. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to see yall at Target the other day!! Four months has gone by so quickly, hasn't it? Enjoyed the post :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so stinking cute! I could just pinch her cheeks. I love the last picture. She really looks so much like you. I'm glad you are enjoying your time together. Tell Stephen congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a presh she is! Don't worry about the rolling. Ranger used to roll, but has completely stopped!! Maybe it just means they will be laid-back, chill kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my sweet girl is getting so big! she'll be chasing you and stephen around the house before you know it. give addison a kiss from her aunt ashlee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe she is 4 months! Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a little smiler you have on your hands! She is so adorable Court. Really. Just simply beautiful. I love her hair, her eyes. Everything. :)

    ReplyDelete