Friday, July 31, 2009

Florida 2009

Addison and I went to Florida a little over a week ago with my parents, siblings, and all my sibling's kids. Of course, we had a great time! Addison got to spend some quality time with her aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents, and got spoiled all week long! I slept in a room with Tiffany and Lesle (two of my sisters), and Addison slept in a closet in the bathroom connected to that room...we definitely pack as many people as we can into my sister's condo. In the morning, Tiffany would get Addison out of her crib when she started talking and stirring, and she loved getting to share in Addison's sweet smiles and excitement she gives in the morning. Every afternoon when it was time for Addison to have her oatmeal, she would sit in papaw's lap while I fed it to her (sad that I didn't get a picture of this)...you make due with a lap when you don't have all your baby accessories with you :) The weather was not hot like Texas' weather has been, so I would take her down in between naptimes to hang out at the beach or pool and she was so content being down there....got to love those ocean breezes! She usually goes to bed for the night between 7:30-8, so I got to stay up and spend time with my family. It was fun staying up late talking, laughing, watching movies!! Can't tell you how much I love my family, and feel so blessed to have them! Here are some pictures from the week. They're kind of showing up blurry on blogger, so hopefully they won't show up as blurry on the post.


Addison at the pool. It is no small feat to get this butterball into a swimsuit :)


Look at that bathing suit bod! she's just soaking the environment in.



My sisters and I lounging at the beach.



Dad and Presley entertaining Addison on the floor.


Coby holding Addison and letting her see his stuffed animal.



My brother, Wes, and his two boys, Aidan and Ethan

Most of the cousins hanging out in the hot tub. It was just the right temperature.


Here are my attempts at getting some beach shot of Addison. It was so bright, so she couldn't open her eyes up all the way and I couldn't tell how the pictures were turning out. I got very few good ones :(


Sam, Coby, and Ethan trying to look for and catch various creatures in the ocean.


Carter holding Addsion. He just got up in the morning...don't you love the morning mohawk!


From the left: Sam, Presley, Coby, Ethan, and Peyton. This was them hanging out and watching TV in our bed one morning.


Here is Same letting Addison play with his guinea pig that he named Fat with Stripes (creative, huh?) This 8 year old boy loves the stuffed animals and has quite the collection...surely he'll grow out of it someday :)

Addison did great on the flights there and back! She has been such a good little traveler thus far. She didn't have any problems sleeping well in a pack n play while we were there....Such a sweet girl! She is 5 months old on Sunday...can't believe how fast the time has gone by!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun vacation! I'm so glad Addison is such a great traveler for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Can't wait to see you! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Florida with the whole family looks like so much fun! The Phillips clan is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time!! Can't wait to hold her this weekend!

    ReplyDelete