Monday, July 13, 2009

check-up, shots, and rice cereal...

I took Addison for her 4 month check up last Tuesday. She is doing great! She got her 4 month shots, and barely cried at all. She didn't even seem real affected by the shots that day, which was such a change from last time. Of course, I gave her Tylenol every several hours to help with any pain she might be having, but last time the Tylenol didn't seem to help her feel 100%. Anyways, the doctor was pleased with her progress, and he gave us the okay to start rice cereal and then move to vegetables in another month or so. Here were her stats from her appointment:
Weight: 13 pounds, 10 ounces (50%)
Height: 24.3 inches (50-75%)
Head: 16.8 (90-95%) she doesn't look like she has an abnormally large head for her body, but it is well rounded so maybe that's why it's measuring big :)

This is baby girl after her shots....doesn't really seemed phased by them. She's just chilling in her stroller and trying to eat the straps. She will put anything in her mouth that she gets in her grasp.

Here she is giving me big smiles that afternoon after her shots.


We tried rice cereal for the first time yesterday. She didn't seem to be a big fan of it. She gagged a couple of times, and would frequently purse her lips so I couldn't get the spoon in her month. I mean does a four month old really need to have already figured out that if she purses her lips then it will prevent her from having to eat the rice cereal??? Can we say stubborn? I think Stephen and I are in for quite a ride with this little girl :) I did mix the rice cereal with formula instead of my milk, so I don't know if it was too many new flavors at once. Today, I'm going to try mixing it with my milk to see if a familiar taste mixed with the ceral will get a better outcome. So, it's trial by error, but I'm determined to keep on trying. She may be stubborn but so am I !
I really don't think we could love this little girl anymore than we already do!

3 comments:

  1. Courtney, Addison is really starting to look exactly like you! I'm amazed at how fast she's growing. Can't wait to see her in person (hopefully at the reunion)! As for the rice cereal, I would make sure it's as runny as possible until she gets the hang of swallowing whole food. Clara had a hard time with that as well but making it more runny actually helped out a ton. She'll be eating that stuff up like a pro before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how well she did with her shots...yea Addison!! I was gonna tell you too that pursing their lips and sticking their tongues out is a babies natural defense against choking. If you make the cereal really liquidy, like your friend was saying, it may just take a little while getting used to it. She may not quite be ready yet for food. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she is doing so well. I enjoyed holding her Sunday! She is such a sweetie. Rice cereal was not Allie's favorite. She loved oatmeal and barley!

    ReplyDelete