Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another trip to Memphis :)

So, I'm a little behind in posting about our trip to memphis that we took in the middle of june, so here it goes. This was our first time driving to memphis with addison, so we were not knowing what to expect. It takes about 7 1/2 hours to get from our house to my parent's house, and it took about 8 1/2 hours with a baby....not too bad. Addison usually is a great napper during the day, but not so much in her car seat. She took a few 20-30 minute naps during an 8 1/2 hour car ride :) Despite not getting much sleep, she did really well being in her car seat that long. I sat in the back with her, so i know that helped. She didn't have any big crying fits (just some little ones), which we've experienced before in the city....so, we were so thankful for that.

didn't see much of this during the rides :)



got a little fussy from time to time. not a pretty crier like myself. my face gets all red and splotchy when i cry, too.


trying to get her to sleep in her car seat. paci-check, lovie-check, blanket-check, napping for over 30 minutes - not so much!


trying to keep her entertained in her car seat :)


we had a great trip once we got there. i LOVE going home! it's so nice to get to see all my family by just going to one place. i miss them so much! my mom and sisters watched addison some during the week, so we could got out and do stuff without a baby....don't get to do that a lot when we're in texas due to lack of family close by. here are a few pictures from our week. i was a little better with taking pictures this time.

Carter, Addison, and Presley enjoying some floor time.




Presley and Aidan.





Addison and Carter. Carter loves the babies, and he is always wanting to hold and love on Addison when she's around. He has such a sweet heart!




Addison's first time in the pool, and we decided to make it a family affair. Obviously, we don't spend a lot of time out in the sun :) The pool water was warm, and she seemed to really enjoy it. She had also bypassed her late afternoon nap, so she was in a daze the whole time.




Addison and her cousin Ethan.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad the car ride went well. I know you love being at home and I'm sure your fam loved having you. I can't believe how big Carter is! Wow! Addison is as cute as always. Call me if you ever would like a baby sitter. Allie would love to spend time with Addison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your first big road trip went well! Addison is such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like yall made some great memories :o) Glad she did well in the car--I'm sure Presley would have been a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. courtney, she is such doll! I know aunt ashlee loved having her home!!!

    ReplyDelete