Saturday, August 22, 2009

this and that...

Well, next week is the start of a new school year, and I will be back to work. I'm working four days a week, and have many different feelings about going back to work. I'm nervous, excited, sad....it's all bittersweet because I will miss Addison but I do enjoy my job! She's staying with an in home sitter that's 2 minutes from my school, so I can stop in and see her on my lunch break if it doesn't upset her when I have to leave again. So, keep Addison and I in your prayers during this transition time.

This last week, I had inservice. So, my mom and grandmother came to town to watch Addison for me this first week. I got spoiled with having them cook a couple of dinners, clean my house, and love on my baby girl!! I think having them watch her this first week definitely helped me prepare for next week. Here are a few pictures from the past week or two.


Four generations of women in the family.


Addison is teething, so she will put anything in her mouth and chomp down. Here is Addison chewing on the top of a baby Tylenol bottle that has the little chewy "bulb" on top. My mom gave her that to chew on in the car when she was getting a little fussy and she liked it. She doesn't need a toy to put in her mouth, she'll grab for watches, bracelets, necklaces, hair, her outfits, fingers, etc.

This is now how Addison likes to sit in her bumbo chair most of the time. This position allows her to get anything within her reach. The other morning she tried to grab 3 items within a minute, so I was trying to get to those items before her to keep her from getting them or knocking them down :) She's growing up so fast!


Below, is a short video of her sitting up by herself on our bed with a special guest appearance by Layla. Lately she likes sitting in a chair with a few of her toys. She'll go from toy to toy and put them in her mouth while she's sitting up in the chair. The back and the sides of the chair give her support if she needs it. Like I said, she is growing up so fast! It's amazing at the changes that occur in a matter of days!
I hope everyone has a great week!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we aren't the only ones that gave our kids tylenol bottles to chew on. My girls loved chewing on the rubber end of them. We used that trick a lot during church and while we are driving if we need a very fast "happy". She's getting so big Courtney and I sure hope I get to see her at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be thinking about you and Addison! You can do it. Everything will be great!

    I love the pic of the 4 of you. Your grandmother looks exactly the same! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also still let Wyatt chew on the Tylenol top. She looks great and I hope work is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 6 months Addison! And happy back to school mommy :)

    ReplyDelete