Friday, September 4, 2009

40th anniversary bash!

Last weekend, we flew to Memphis to throw a suprise 40th anniversary party for my parents. My four siblings and I decided months ago that we wanted to do this for our parents, because we knew they would love it! Stephen, Addison, and I flew in Friday and stayed with one of my sisters, and the party was Saturday night. We were in town all day Saturday, and my parents had no idea. The party Saturday night was AWESOME! My parents were completely shocked!! They thought they were going to a dinner to honor a friend of theirs in the construction business, so we had them completely fooled. When they found out that this was a party to celebrate their 40 years of marriage, my parents went back and forth from laughing and shedding some tears. It was one of those moments that I will always remember and cherish, because they felt so honored by us and the family and friends that were there. We even had a slideshow of old and new pictures taken over the last 40 years....one of my sisters went over to there house one weekend when they were out of town and got the stash of pictures :) Here are a few pictures from the weekend:


Stephen and Addison at the airport on Friday before we flew out.


Carter, my nephew, loves holding Addison.


Stephen playing poker with Sam, another one of my nephews.





A guys picture from the party: (from the left) Stephen, Will, Tommy, Jason, and Jeff




The happy couple. My mom had several pictures from the night where she was waving at the camera :)



Ashlee and I. Ashlee is the 3rd girl in the family and I'm the 4th.



Here's a family picture we took at the end of an evening of dancing: (from the left) Tiffany, Ashlee, Wes, Dad, Mom, Lesle, and I.

Happy 40th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

  1. what a awesome night it was...i can't get mom and dad's initial reaction out of my head! i'm sooo glad we did that for them. these are memories we'll share and have for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete