Monday, November 2, 2009

Eight months old!

Well, our little Addison is 8 months old today! I can't believe her first birthday is around the corner....it just doesn't seem possible! She is our gift from above, and we feel so blessed to be given her to raise. Her personality is coming through more and more everyday, and it's neat to see it happen :) Some things I want to remember that she's doing right now are:
  • She will vocally play back and forth with us. If I squeal, she'll squeal back.
  • I have heard her babble using the consonants /b, m, w/. She says 'mama' quite a bit. Even though I know it's not intentional when she does it, I still love it :) When she says it, I typically will say 'Do you want mama?' I can't help myself :)
  • She is getting up on all fours, but I don't think crawling is going to happen any day now. She isn't getting up on all fours all the time, but I noticed her doing it more today than I even saw her do it on Sunday.
  • She loves her dolly, and this has occured just within this past month.
  • Loves to be read books. When I open the book and start reading, she'll start 'talking' and her little legs go crazy.
  • Loves to be sung to, especially 'Twinkle, twinkle little star.'
  • Continues to love mouthing on toys and especially non toy items :)
  • Will drink a little from a sippy cup, but she really loves to chew on the spout.

These first two pictures were taken today:


Up on all fours and rocking back and forth.


Look at that face! Our sitter put her hair up like this today. I think I like it :)


Playing with her friends Cooper (left) and Ranger (middle).


I loved this picture because it showed just how blue her eyes can be sometimes. This picture is of her giving her daddy love before bed time.


1 comment: